Thursday 10 February 2011

Close encounter with 'los zorros'


I went for a lone walk the other day. It's not often i get out without the dogs, but  I needed to return a tool to a neighbour and sometimes they can be a bit pesky! 
Going down the camino,  I was surprised by a silver grey fox crossing my path. Just a few steps later I heard a 'squawking' noise coming from the small field. Two more young foxes were squabbling over a mouse that one had caught. They chased around the field until the fox that was chasing, spotted me. He quickly slunk off to hide, and the other enjoyed the respite and polished off the poor mouse! Then, hunger satisfied, he jumped into the camino and to my surprise trotted down it towards me where I was standing quietly by a tree. As he drew alongside he suddenly sensed my presence; I said 'Hola', and then with a little scream of great shock, he bounded up the hill into the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment