Monday 1 July 2013

Flowers from the mountain

My neighbours (vecinos) are always up to something in the campo. Country folk do different things to  ‘townies’ like me, and because it’s Spain and my vecinos are Spanish, the things they do in the ‘campo’ are even more different!
They always know the season and the place to be out collecting from the campo – wild asparagus; herbs; mushrooms; scented plants and capers, to name just a few: The other evening I saw Francesca and Anna on the mountain side collecting something into plastic bags, and I wanted to know what was going on. My vecinos are very patient with me when it comes to my curiosity and ignorance. They explained that in Oria tomorrow there would be a Mass and procession for Corpus Christi (Ascension Day). They were collecting flower petals to scatter around the village.




Anna and Franchesca







A little later Isobel came past our Casa with her grandson Jose. They had been up to the fuente (spring) to light candles. I asked her if she would be going to Oria in the morning. She replied, “Of course, the village will be very beautiful with all the flower petals in the streets”, so we decided to go as well and take some photos.







1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!
    flower deliver brazil

    ReplyDelete